Norfolk FWAG provides a full range of services for anyone interested in protecting the environment on the farm. Preferential rates are available for members.
Contact us for help with:
- Countryside Stewardship schemes (mid tier and higher tier) and capital grants – advice and applications.
- Sustainable Farming Incentive – advice and applications
- Woodland & hedgerow planting and management – advice and applications
- A pre- Countryside Stewardship application survey and consultation to maximise chances of success.
- Stewardship Scheme Health Checks.
- Obtaining quotes for capital works for existing agreements.
- Annual stewardship revenue, and capital works claims.
- Calendars and work schedules for stewardship schemes.
- An annual environmental review of the whole farm, including resource protection advice.
- Soil, manure and nutrient management using laboratory testing.
- Whole farm conservation plans and audits for LEAF Marque and other assurance schemes.
- Habitat management plans.
- Environmental Impact Assessments for grassland.
- Species surveys and management advice.
- Colour maps up to A3 in size.
- Farm scheme/habitat mapping in colour, printed at any size.
Our members find it’s the access to and sharing of information that really makes their membership worthwhile. Membership gives you access to:
- Farm Walks, with a range of expert speakers.
- Practical Workshops, on a wide range of subjects.
- Conferences on important, topical issues.
- Social events to meet up with your friends and neighbours.
Local Access Agreements
Over the past 10 years, many communities in Norfolk have benefited from permissive access routes where paths have been made available for walking and riding around the edges of arable fields. These paths were
provided by the farmer, with support from a scheme called Environmental Stewardship. This scheme has now come to an end.
We’ve produced a guide for landowners, members of the public and parish councils to explain how funding may be available to retain existing routes or provide new ones.