Salary circa £50k plus expenses
Full Time & Permanent
Norfolk FWAG are part of the national FWAG Association (formerly the Farming & Wildlife Advisory Group) and provide on-farm environmental advice to land managers in Norfolk.
Our members and clients include farmers and landowners, but we also work with statutory environmental agencies, other conservation organisations and utility companies that enlist our services in order to positively influence the actions of land managers on the farmed environment.
It is a very exciting and fast-moving time to be working in the field of independent environmental advice within the agricultural sector. We are seeking a Managing Director to lead our team based in Norwich. The successful applicant will demonstrate a detailed understanding of:
- The evolving agricultural and environmental policy landscape including agri-environment, natural capital and other ecological services.
- Business management and business development.
You will be expected to:
- Develop and lead the strategic direction of the organisation in conjunction with the board of trustees.
- Undertake the day-to-day management of the organisation including the line management of an experienced team.
- Provide leadership on the importance of conservation on farmland and the evolving agricultural and environmental policies and what they mean to the charity’s members
- Prepare annual budgets, monthly management accounts and manage cashflow.
- Engage with the membership of the charity to ensure they are receiving the high-quality professional advice they expect across a range of topics
- Maintain and further develop relationships with partner organisations and stakeholders to deliver the organisations charitable aims
- Develop projects, including associated grant applications and funding bids which further progress the aims of the charity.
- Exceptional organisational skills and strong time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to work within budgetary constraints
- Exceptional listening and communication skills, with a proven ability to influence multiple stakeholders
- Strong numerical ability
- Leadership experience, ideally including direct line management.
- Ability to build and main relationships with members, clients, partners and stakeholders
- Identification and evaluation of new business opportunities
- Proven project manager with good attention to detail
- Relevant degree in an environmental or land-based subject and/or relevant and demonstrable experience in the environmental or agricultural field.
Terms and conditions of employment
- This is a full-time permanent position, with a salary of c£50,000 per annum dependent upon experience.
- Three months’ notice period.
- 37.5 hours per week (full-time). You may be required to work occasional evenings or weekends.
- Benefits package including Contributory Pension Scheme and Death in Service cover
- Must hold a current full driving licence and have access to own car.
- 24 days’ holiday per annum, plus public holidays.
- Office location is Honingham Thorpe, Colton, Norwich, NR9 5BZ but expected to travel throughout Norfolk and occasionally further afield. Flexibility to work from home if required.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to know more please call the Chairman of the Trustees Tim Guyer on 07778257937
Please note, we are unable to give feedback to applicants unless invited for interview.